Organizing a Bryn Mawr Event
When planning an event, be sure to consider the following factors and action steps
- What should this event accomplish? (It could be simply to bring alumnae/i together, or to help promote networking among alumnae/i.)
- How many volunteers will be needed to run the event?
- Choose a location that minimizes travel for most potential participants.
- Check the calendar for significant events that may conflict with the date you have in mind for your event.
- Contact the Alumnae Relations and Development Office (ARD) to develop a communication plan.
- With the assistance of your Club treasurer, draw up a budget for the event.
- Set a reasonable price for the event that will cover your costs, and perhaps leave a cushion in your treasury.
Food and Drink
- Many events rely on alumnae/i to bring food and drink, or for an alumna/us to host the event.
- Sometimes you can find a restaurant to donate food and drink in exchange for a mention in the invitation and program.
- If you hire a caterer, plan arrangements three to six months prior to the event regarding dates, menus, approximate counts, and prices. Make sure that the caterer is insured to serve wine and alcohol.
- Remember nametags, pens, tape, signage (if permitted), Club information, and membership sign-up forms, single $1 bills for change and tips, printed handouts, audio visual equipment.
- Write thank-you notes to all involved.
- Summarizes event/meeting with the ARD Office (include attendance list and photos).
Alumnae/i Relations and Development
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010