This page serves as a repository of assessment resources. The Education Effectiveness Assessment Handbook provides a clear, comprehensive understanding of the College’s educational effectiveness assessment system. The handbook covers all aspects of the system, from its origin and purpose to the nuts and bolts of data collection, to the application of assessment results in curricular and resource decision-making. The Handbook also contains an Assessment Activity Calendar and a FAQ document that addresses common questions.
A variety of tools are available for use in assessment. The links below provide information about some of the tools used for assessment at Bryn Mawr College.
The following is a list of assessment resources.
- AAC&U (American Association of Colleges and Universities): Value Rubric
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment: Opening Doors to Faculty Involvement in Assessment
- American Association for Higher Education: 9 Principles of Good Practice for Assessing Student Learning
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education Standard V: Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment: Assessment, Accountability, and Improvement: Revisiting the Tension
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment: Students Bring a Fresh Perspective to Institutional Assessment through Capstone Projects in Strategic Communication