Obtain Career Development Support
Alumnae Career Services within Career and Professional Development provides a dedicated staff member to offer career coaching, professional development and networking resources and events for alumnae/i who graduated more than one year ago.
Career and Professional Development provides support to alums who graduated from the undergraduate college and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences within the last year.
Host an Extern
Students can explore their career interests by shadowing you in your work setting. Open to Bryn Mawr and Haverford students, the Externship Program is an excellent opportunity for you to give students a “day-in-the-life” perspective of your profession, connect with prospective interns and employees, gain visibility for your organization, and share insights about your field. Learn more about how to sponsor an extern.
Access Job Openings
Bryn Mawr College has partnered with Handshake as our job and career management platform, free to alumnae/i across all class years.
- Sign in to view employment opportunities from organizations that target students and alumnae/i
- Schedule appointments with career development staff
- Recruit at Bryn Mawr College - promote or refer jobs and internships for students and other alumnae/i.
In 2017, the Leadership, Innovation and Liberal Arts Center (LILAC) implemented Handshake, a platform to access jobs and internships, events, career fairs, and other resources. It is used by more than 500 colleges and universities and 200,000+ employers. Handshake offers Bryn Mawr College alumnae/i a modern, mobile-friendly user experience, and the ability to:
- Schedule alumnae/i career coaching appointments
- Access personalized job recommendations based upon your interests and education (traditionally more entry-level and early career opportunities are available, but the ability to see which employers are targeting Bryn Mawr for hiring is valuable to alums)
NOTE: Alumnae/i from class years 1982-2017 were uploaded into Handshake in Jan/Feb 2018; plans are underway to upload pre-1982 alumni in the coming weeks!
How to log in to Handshake:
- Go to: https://brynmawr.joinhandshake.com/login
- Your username is the preferred email address on file with Bryn Mawr.
- Follow on-screen prompts to set your password and log in.
Special Situations Related to Email Username
Please contact Becky Ross, Senior Associate Director for Alumnae Career Services, at email@example.com for assistance with the following:
- Alums are not able to use .edu email address because Handshake interprets that as a student account from that institution. You may request a new account in this instance.
- Avoid creating a new account until you have confirmed whether you have an existing account. If you have multiple email addresses, we can confirm which one is in the system already (if any).
- If you prefer to use a different email address as your username, we can initiate that change.
- If you register as an Employer in Handshake, please use your work email. Alumnae/i using Handshake for their personal job search or networking should ideally use a personal email domain.