- Access Services at Approved Programs: A compilation of responses provided by some of our approved programs to a survey we conducted.
- Mobility International USA (MIUSA): a massive resource with over 300 articles studying abroad. Includes learning disabilities, mental health, chronic illness as well as physical mobility concerns.
Issues of Diversity When Studying Abroad
There are many websites that provide in-depth guidance around issues diversity, while studying abroad, useful for all students. Here are a few:
- Diversity Abroad: brief articles on almost every aspects of identity, including race, socioeconomic background, religion, age, and more!
- AllAbroad.us Diversity Site
- IES Student Diversity and Access Site: although focused on IES programs, there are many items interesting and useful for students on any program
- Unpacked: A Study Abroad Guide for Students Like Me: From racial identity to allergy issues, this series of student perspectives covers a lot of territory.
For LGBTQIA* Students
- Brandeis University: Transgender and Non-Binary Students Abroad: very specific, current and frank tips and information
- Go Abroad Guide for LGBTQIA* students and allies
- 2018 NPR story about LGBTQIA* issues in study abroad
- UC Davis interactive map of 20 countries' laws, support organizations, etc
Finding Places for Worship
If the opportunity for religious practice is important for you, ask your program for information about local resources. You may also find the following resources useful.