To promote your event on the College's website and in the Daily Digest, use this form:
Submitting this Event/Daily Digest form produces a unique web page for your event. The submission form is used to enter the relevant information into Drupal, the College's web content management system. For more detailed instructions on how to use the form, see below and visit the technical documentation page.
- The deadline for Event/Daily Digest submissions is 10 a.m. weekdays. Submissions after that deadline will be considered the next applicable day.
- Note: The Event/Daily Digest form is for advertising your event, not for booking a room reservation or space. That is done via Virtual EMS and overseen by the Conferences and Events Office.
All submissions are approved by Communications before publication on the website. In most cases, you should have already reserved your event space via Virtual EMS before submitting the form. Communications staff will provide confirmation or follow up with questions before the event appears live on the College's website.
- If something changes with your event after you have submitted the form, contact Communications immediately. Note that making a change in EMS will not be reflected on the event promotion web page.
- Bryn Mawr College strives to provide equal access to all College-sponsored activities and events. Learn more by reading the College's accessibility policy for events.
- Over the summer, the Daily Digest will be sent every two weeks, and will cover the upcoming two weeks' worth of events.
Daily Digest Overview
The Daily Digest is the College’s daily e-newsletter sent out to all of campus, listing important information about upcoming or day-of events. It is sent to students, faculty, and staff on weekdays when class is in session. For more information, visit the Office of Communications' Daily Digest page.
Events/Daily Digest Form "How To"
1. Main Content
Fill in the event name/title, time, date, location, and blurb/description. You can also include photos, related links, and other elements. You will also choose Event Type and Event Audience from drop-down menus. For Event Audience, be sure to choose BMC Community if the intended audience is the College community but not also the general public.
- If you have a Drupal login, you will have more options when submitting the Event/Daily Digest form. If you don't, you will not have some content-related options, such as the ability to include images, syndication dropdowns, and other choices.
- To include registration information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Syndication (Only for Logged In Drupal Users)
You can choose a Secondary Section (e.g., Psychology) and Topics choices (e.g., Arts), which will syndicate events to your section of the website. For more information on syndicating your events, contact email@example.com.
3. Daily Digest
You will see an option for including your event promotion in the Daily Digest. There is an option not to publish in the Daily Digest as well. If you are promoting an event in Daily Digest, select two additional dates when you want the event to appear in the newsletter (the day of the event is automatically included for publication). Please note that the usual Daily Digest deadline is 10 a.m. the day before publication.
Questions about content should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org