Professional Leaves for Faculty
The College's program of professional leaves for continuing members of the faculty reflects a strong institutional commitment to faculty scholarship and to the relationship between research and teaching.
The College considers professional leaves to be precious time dedicated to a faculty member’s professional growth and enhancement of his/her teaching effectiveness. When these goals are realized, our academic programs are stronger and our students benefit. The Faculty Handbook * outlines the different leave types and various aspects of professional leaves for faculty including:
- Eligibility and determining years of service
- Requirement to seek outside funding for salary support
- Application/deferral procedures
- Postponement procedures
- Special circumstances
- Leave Report
Junior Faculty Research Leave, Sabbatical and Professional Development Leave Packet
Faculty eligible for a leave in an upcoming academic year are notified at least 18 months before their scheduled leave so that they can apply for funding.
A Complete Leave Packet includes the following:
- Leave Application (Those who have problems accessing this document should email Linda Butler Livesay, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.)
- Leave Proposal
- Letter from the Chair of the Department
- Copies of all external funding application(s) and award notification(s).
Complete Leave Packets are due to the Provost's Office on January 31. Email all materials to Linda Butler Livesay.