First Year Student Job Fair
Join us August 25th & 26th from 8am-2pm, outside Erdman Dining Hall.
Talk to student leaders from Erdman Dining Hall, New Dorm Dining Hall, Uncommon Grounds, & Wyndham.
We'll answer any questions you have about your First Year job at Bryn Mawr College and representatives of Human Resources will take you through the hiring process!
Working for Dining
Dining Services offers student employment opportunities in all of our dining halls, cafes, and restaurant/catering facilities.
The reasons to work for Dining Services are many:
- Flexible hours
- Fun working environment
- Convenient locations
- No experience necessary
Courtesy of our friends in Human Resources, here is what you need to know regarding forms/paperwork:
All students who plan on working must complete new hire paperwork. There are a total of seven forms and all of them can found under "First Job at Bryn Mawr" on the student employment website: CLICK HERE
Please complete the forms using your dorm name and room number.
In addition to these forms, you must show identification for the I9 form. These IDs must be shown in person. A complete list of acceptable I9 documents can be found on page three of the I9 form.
Better know our Dining Facilities:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current available positions.
Watch this space to apply for your chosen Dining Facility — Human Resources Student Employment.
You've chosen your Dining Facility here are the instructions for submitting paperwork to Human Resources
Premium Pay Rates
There are some campus-wide special events specifically designed for students that not all students are able to fully enjoy given their campus work responsibilities. Moving forward, students working during these designated events will earn a 25% premium in addition to their usual wages. The three annual events for which the premium pay rate will be applicable are:
- May Day (all day)
- Fall Convocation & Picnic (4:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Pre-Winter Break Holiday Dinner (4:00 – 8:00 pm)
In addition, occasional, non-recurring special events on campus may also be eligible for premium pay as determined on a case-by-case basis.
Please email any questions to:
- Assistant Director of Dining:
Richard Clow email@example.com
- Student Coordinator (& Erdman Supervisor)
Uba Ogidi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Coordinator (& NDDH Supervisor)
Ollie Smith email@example.com
Student Employment Objectives
- To meet the need for a part-time labor force during peak operating times and during special functions.
- To provide opportunities for students to earn money on campus with room for advancement.
- To offer work experience that provides exposure to a business environment while contributing to the career development and helping to build undergraduate resumés.