Injured at Work

Work-related injuries are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. You must follow the steps below to qualify for medical and lost wage coverage. 

Work-Related Injuries & Illnesses

If you sustain a fracture, cut that may need stitches, chest pain, concussion, sprain that prevents walking, or eye injury, call Campus Safety (ext. 7911) for emergency transport arrangements. Employees should not drive themselves or each other to the emergency room.

As soon as possible, inform your supervisor of your medical emergency.

Your supervisor will need to submit the Report of Work-Related Injury & Illness form to within 24hrs. 

For muscle strain, non-healing wound, sprain, bruise, repetitive motion injury, or persistent soreness, notify your supervisor as soon as possible. Contact Human Resources (ext. 5261) to arrange an appointment with a health care provider listed on the College’s Panel of Designated Workers’ Compensation Medical Care Providers. 

As soon as possible, inform your supervisor.

Your supervisor will need to submit the Report of Work-Related Injury & Illness form to within 24hrs. 

  • HR will coordinate follow-up care as needed through a designated panel provider, chosen by the employee from the list. If recovery lasts longer than 90 days, employees may transfer care to a licensed medical care provider of their choice.
  • After treatment, as determined by the care provider, the employee may be:
    • Released to full duty.
    • Required to stay home for some period of days.
    • Released to return to work with restrictions. 
  • Departments must attempt to accommodate temporary work restrictions. When restrictions cannot be accommodated within the department, temporary assignment to work elsewhere on campus will be arranged if possible.
  • Employees are permitted to attend work-related medical appointments on work time. Hours should be recorded as “WC” on time cards.
  • Employees who are out of work more than seven (7) calendar days are entitled to workers compensation disability payments during their absence when authorized by the treating physician. Compensation payments will be arranged by HR and paid by the College’s workers compensation insurance company.

Bryn Mawr College’s Health and Wellness Center is not a medical care provider for workplace injuries but during the academic year the Health and Wellness Center can provide injured student employees first aid treatment and stabilization prior to visiting one of the referenced panel providers.

Non-Emergency Transportation

UBER Business has been created for student safe emergency travel and now for employee injuries sustained at Bryn Mawr. Please call Campus Safety (ext. 7911) to authorize the transport to Urgent Care.

Injuries & Illnesses

medical icon

Reporting Injuries Form

Complete and submit the Report of Work-Related Injury or Illness form as soon as possible and email to EHS (


Contact Us

Environmental Health and Safety

  • For Covid-related questions, please contact Kari Fazio at 610-526-5641 or
  • For other Environmental Health and Safety matters, please contact Julia McLaughlin at 610-526-5166 or
  • If the matter can be addressed by Facilities, you can reach them at 610-526-7930 or
  • For workplace injuries, please contact Human Resources at 610-526-5261.