Loss of Other Health Insurance

If you or your children are covered under another group health plan, through a spouse or ex-spouse, please note that the loss of that coverage is a life qualifying event.  As explained on page 16 of the Benefits Guidebook, this is qualifying life event that allows you to make plan changes at any time during the year in which they occur.  For any allowable change, you must contact Maria Albano (malbano@brynmawr.edu) in Human Resources within 31 calendar days of the event.  You should provide documentation of the loss of coverage and return it along with a Flexible Benefit Election Form that records the change, as well as a medical and/or dental application that indicates the individuals who are to be added for coverage at Bryn Mawr.  All of these forms are available on the Human Resources web site.