Bryn Mawr College offers a variety of payment options to students and their families. Students and authorized parties can pay online via Nelnet by US bank account or credit card. Student Accounts does not accept credit card payments over the phone or in the office. Paper checks can be mailed to the office or dropped off in person during normal business hours. Please note that most 529 providers pay via paper check. Students can make payment from outside the US through a traditional bank wire or through Flywire. A payment plan is offered each semester through Nelnet to allow students the opportunity to divide the semester payment into smaller installments.
Bryn Mawr College utilizes Nelnet Business Services to process all online payments. Nelnet allows 24/7 access to view account details, make payment, and review billing statements. Please note the following:
- Payments from checking or savings accounts must be from U.S. banks only. There is no fee for payments from a bank account.
- American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. A 2.85% service fee will apply to all credit and debit card transactions. This fee is not charged by Bryn Mawr College. The charge will be reflected as a separate transaction on your credit card statement.
TO MAKE A PAYMENT
- Login to BiONiC.
- Select Financial Information.
- Select "View Account and Make Payment" from the menu to access Nelnet. Note: This will open up a new window in your browser. If a new window does not open check to make sure pop-up blockers are disabled or that Bionic is added as a trusted site.
- If this is your first time accessing Nelnet you will be asked to update demographic information and establish a PIN.
- Select "make a payment."
- Enter the payment amount in the text box next to the term you are paying.
- Follow instructions to complete payment.
- Select the Nelnet Authorized Parties link located in the billing notification email or click here: https://www.nbspayments.com/SignIn.aspx
- Enter username and password.
- Select "make a payment."
Bryn Mawr College partners with Nelnet Business Solutions to offer a payment plan in order to provide the flexibility to pay over the semester through automatic monthly payments. Please visit www.MyCollegePaymentPlan.com/brynmawr for more information.
- Log onto BiONiC
- Go to Financial Information
- Select "View Account and Make Payment" from the menu
- Please note that this will open up a new window. If Nelnet does not open, check to make sure pop-up blockers are disabled or that Bionic is added as a trusted site.
- Click on “Set Up a Payment Plan.”
- Follow instructions to enroll in the monthly payment plan.
- You can also watch this short video for step by step instructions.
- If you need to reassign your payment plan to your authorized party, you can change the plan owner. Watch this tutorial for instructions.
- Click on the link in the billing notification email or click here: https://www.nbspayments.com/SignIn.aspx
- Enter username and password.
- Click on "Set Up a Payment Plan" and follow the instructions.
Payment Plan Tips
- Payment plans can be set up for less then the full amount due on the student account if needed by editing the amount when signing up for the plan.
- Anticipated aid is already included in the amount due.
- Payments are automatic and the due date can not be changed.
- If the payment plan is out of balance, a message will show below the amount due indicating the payment plan is either more or less then the amount due and can be adjusted by clicking the link to adjust the payment plan.
- Student Accounts periodically reviews payment plans and will send an email to students if the plan is out of balance and requires an adjustment. If Student Accounts decreases the payment plan, a message will be sent from Nelnet to the plan owner.
- Starting with the Fall 2023 semester, more than one plan can be established for the account. For example, a student and an authorized party can each have a plan or two authorized parties can each have a plan.
Availability of the payment plan is determined by Bryn Mawr College. Please be aware the college may elect not to have the payment plan available during specific times and dates during registration.
Payment by paper check should be in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank, and made payable to Bryn Mawr College. Stale dated or post dated checks will not be accepted. Please be sure to include the student’s name and ID number on the memo line of your check.
Most 529 providers pay via check. Payment is typically initiated with the 529 provider who in turn sends a check to Bryn Mawr College. Statements can be printed or saved as a PDF from Nelnet if required by the provider. The College will not provide statements the provider or discuss account information. Only students or authorized parties have access to statements and account information. Checks should include the student name and ID number and be remitted to Bryn Mawr College at the address below.
Bryn Mawr College
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-2899
Bryn Mawr College partners with Flywire to provide our international students with a secure payment gateway that simplifies the payment process. With Flywire, you can pay online from banks and countries around the world, usually in your home currency. In addition to a bank wire, Flywire supports credit card payments and other options like Alipay and UnionPay.
- A brief overview of the benefits of using Flywire can be found on their website: Arabic | Chinese | English | Hindi | Japanese | French | Korean | Spanish | Vietnamese
- Flywire recently added payment options and customer support through WeChat. Watch Flywire's International Payments Video to learn more.
Bank Wire: Please email email@example.com from a Bryn Mawr College email account for wire instructions.
Students can make payment in the office using cash, check, or money order. Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank, made payable to Bryn Mawr College and include the student name or ID on the memo line. The College will not accept post dated or stale dated checks. Note that cash payments may require additional paperwork and reporting depending on the amount of the payment. The College does not encourage cash payments out of concern for student safety. For those without a bank account, we suggest a money order or other certified funds. Student Accounts does not accept credit card payments in the office.
Bring your payment during normal business hours to:
Bryn Mawr College offers two Prepaid Tuition Plans covering four academic years, or eight semesters:
- Tuition only
- Tuition, room and board, and college fee
Either plan for all four years must be paid by August 1 before the freshman year. Families using this plan will not be subject to further increases in tuition. One semester’s portion of the total Prepaid Plan amount will be credited to the student account each semester.
Contact Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-526-5500.