Winter BreakDec. 20, 2019-Jan. 20, 2020Jan. 17: Dorms reopen at noon. Jan. 20: Martin Luther King, Jr., Day. Jan. 21: Classes begin at Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore.
Class Lottery ResultsFor Spring 2020 Lotteried Courses
Martin Luther King, Jr., DayJanuary 20, 2020Martin Luther King Day (no classes)
Students and faculty are always welcome to stop by the Registrar's Office with questions about registration, transfer credits, or graduation requirements. Our regular office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Upcoming Information and Deadlines
- Dec. 20: Winter Break begins (dorms close at 6 p.m.).
- Jan. 2: Fall semester grades due. Spring tuition bill payment due.
- Jan. 15: Classes begin at Penn (Monday schedule).
- Jan. 17: Dorms reopen at noon.
- Jan. 19: Fall deferred exams (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.).
- Jan. 20: Martin Luther King, Jr., Day.
- Jan. 21: Classes begin at Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore.
- Jan. 21-29: Add/Drop period (all class years).
- Feb. 7: Last day to declare Cr/NCR for first quarter courses (5 p.m.). Last day to drop a fifth course at Bryn Mawr and Haverford.
- Feb. 28: Last day to declare Cr/NCR for full semester courses (5 p.m.).
- Mar. 6: Spring break begins after last class. First quarter (including PE) courses end.
- Mar. 16: Classes resume (8 a.m.). Second quarter (including PE courses begin).
- Mar. 20: Last day to add a second quarter course.
- Mar. 25: Last day to drop a second quarter course.
- Apr. 3: Last day to declare Cr/NCR for second quarter courses (5 p.m.).
- Apr. 20-24: Registration.
- Apr. 29: Last day of classes at Penn.
- May 1: Last day of classes at Bryn Mawr, Haverford, and Swarthmore. All written work due at 5 p.m.
- May 2, 3: Review period.
- May 3: May Day.
- May 4-15: Examination period (ends at 12:30 p.m. on May 15).
- May 4-9: Examination period for seniors (ends at 5 p.m. on May 9).
- May 11: Senior grades due (at noon).
- May 15: Exams end for other students (12:30 p.m.).
- May 16: Commencement.
- May 17: Dorms close at noon.
- May 22: Final grades due for non-senior students (noon).
- June 1: Spring deferred exams (9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.).