The application for Summer 2023 is now available here!
The deadline for an application with a financial aid request is March 22, 2023. All other applicants who are not requesting aid must apply by April 24, 2023.
To apply, all applicants must provide the following:
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation
For those who have not previously studied Russian, your recommendation letters should be from:
a. Instructors with whom you have recently studied other languages or disciplines (preferred);
b. Work supervisors from professional or volunteer work;
For those who have previously studied Russian, your recommendation letters should be from those who can give an assessment of your level of Russian language and/or can describe your abilities in terms of how you would benefit from an intensive language program:
1. Your most recent Russian language instructor (this should be your first letter);
2. The following recommenders are appropriate for your second letter of recommendation:
a. Instructors with whom you have recently studied Russian language or Russian-related course (preferred);
b. Instructors with whom you recently have studied other languages or disciplines;
c. Work supervisors from professional or volunteer work;
(Note: For a strong application, letters should be from those who are listed above. Additionally, it is advised that none of your recommenders are a family member.)
3. Official transcripts of all academic work you have completed beyond the high school level or a high school transcript if you have not attended college. Transcripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: Transcripts should be submitted electronically and must be sent by the institution where the credits where earned. Transcripts sent by the applicant directly is not considered official and will not be accepted. For those who cannot have their transcripts sent electronically by the institution, hard copy transcripts can be mailed to the program and must be in sealed envelopes with official seal or stamp across the flap. Hard copies should be addressed to: Russian Language Institute, Bryn Mawr College, 101 N. Merion Ave., Bryn Mawr, PA 19010)
4. Financial aid application (Required only for students wanting to request aid. Tri-Co Flagship students must complete the financial aid application to be considered for Flagship funding. Additionally, Tri-Co Flagship students should send a message to email@example.com to follow up on additional Flagship funding requirements.)
Deadlines: March 22, 2023 is the deadline for applicants to submit an application with an option to request financial aid (recommended deadline for all applicants); April 24, 2023 is the final deadline to submit application materials.
Notification of acceptance: Applicants applying by the March deadline will receive notification of acceptance in mid-April. For those received after the March deadline, Russian Language Institute is made on a Rolling Admissions basis.
If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-526-7504.