The application for Summer 2022 is closed! The application for Summer 2023 will be available in late Fall 2022.
The deadline for an application with a financial aid request has been extended to March 30, 2022. All other applicants who are not requesting aid must apply by April 29, 2022.
To apply, all applicants must provide the following:
1. A complete online application form
2. Two (2) letters of recommendation:
For those who have not previously studied Russian, your recommendation letters should be from:
a. Instructors with whom you have recently studied other languages or disciplines (preferred);
b. Work supervisors from professional or volunteer work;
For those who have previously studied Russian, your recommendation letters should be from:
1. Your most recent Russian language instructor (this should be your first letter);
2. The following recommenders are appropriate for your second letter of recommendation:
a. Instructors with whom you have recently studied Russian language or Russian-related course (preferred);
b. Instructors with whom you recently have studied other languages or disciplines;
c. Work supervisors from professional or volunteer work;
(Note: Online recommendation forms can be found here. Hard copies of recommendations should be submitted in sealed envelopes with a signature or stamp across the flap and sent to the Russian Language Institute, Bryn Mawr College, 101 N. Merion Ave., Bryn Mawr, PA 19010).
3. Official transcripts of all academic work you have completed beyond the high school level or a high school transcript if you have not attended college (Note: Transcripts should be submitted electronically and must be sent by the institution where the credits where earned. If this is not possible then hard copy transcripts can be submitted and must be in sealed envelopes with official seal or stamp across the flap).
4. Financial aid application (Required only for students wanting to request aid and/or Flagship-designated students).
Deadlines: March 30, 2022 is the deadline for applicants to submit an application with an option to request financial aid (recommended deadline for all applicants); April 29, 2022 is the final deadline to apply for the program.
Notification of acceptance: Applicants applying by the March deadline will receive notification of acceptance by mid-April. For those received after the March deadline, Russian Language Institute is made on a Rolling Admissions basis.
If you are unable to complete the online application, please contact email@example.com or call 610-526-7504.