Student* e laureat*
Students play an active role in the Department of Italian and Italian Studies by serving as "major reps" and participating in the many scholarly and cultural activities sponsored by the Italian Club (le Italianiste di Bryn Mawr). Our alumnae have gone on to earn advanced graduate degrees from top institutions and to work in a variety of related fields.
The major representatives, commonly called “major reps,” are chosen each year by the Chair of the Transnational Italian Studies Department. These students officially represent the majors to the department faculty and other students. They are available to talk with students informally about the Italian major and to serve as a resource for declared majors as they complete work in the major. Representatives may bring issues to the department on behalf of majors. They also help organize department events. On the occasion of a search for a faculty member or the case of a reappointment, tenure, or promotion of a faculty member of the department, the major representatives assist the department and the College in soliciting and evaluating student views about the candidates or the case.
2022-23 Major Representatives
- Ava Panetto '23
- Meenakshi Thirumurti '23
- Lake Sanchez '23
"Metamorfosi linguistiche" by Ava Panetto, '23.
Click here to listen to podcast.
- Allegra Fletcher '12 on why she chose to major in Italian Click here to view her video.
- Sofia Bella Vitale Gilles '13 reflects on her time as major of Italian. Click here to view her video.
- Hallie Novak '19 on Transnational Italian Studies click here to read "The Art of Eating Well at the Bryn Mawr Italian Department."
- MJ Johnson '16 reflects on her time as minor in Italian Click here to view video
- Cynthia Columbus '13 wins award for project Click here to view to learn more.
- Matthew Reichwein, HC '20, on Transnational Italian Studies Italian Department Video
- Hallie Novak, '20 on The Art of Eating Well in the Italian Department https://hnovak.blogs.brynmawr.edu/2018/12/11/the-art-of-eating-well-at-the-bryn-mawr-italian-department/#more-1105
- Click here to read the article "An end to Mediteranean standoff?" by Emilia Otte '18.
A seminar group in the Special Collections room of Canaday Library, interacting with curator Carrie Robbins and their Italian professor.
Transnational Italian Studies Department
Old Library 103
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-2899
Roberta Ricci, Chair
Oliva Cardona, Program Assistant