We offer several ways to help build your network:
- Join Mawrter Connect, Bryn Mawr’s enhanced networking community
- Join LinkedIn groups: links will take you directly to the groups if logged in
- Strengthen your online brand using the 10 Tips for Building a Stronger LinkedIn Profile and 21 Easy Steps to Craft the Perfect LinkedIn Profile.
- Contact your regional Clubs or Affinity Groups for focused connections and events
- Schedule a one-to-one coaching session to develop your personal strategy
This group is a place for current and past Mawrters to come together to connect with each other, learn from each other, and share wisdom, information, and experiences.
This group is a place for alumnae/i to connect with each other, as well as share professional development articles, information, job openings, and experiences. Graduating students may join in their final semester (i.e., January before graduation).
Benefits to Students and Alumnae/i:
- Conversations in the group are only visible to those in the group.
- Group membership is verified by Bryn Mawr College.
- Individuals have unique strategies for managing their personal LinkedIn profiles; joining the group allows students and alumnae/i to send messages without needing to link as a 1st degree connection.
- LinkedIn, by default, does not allow users to send messages to people they don’t know. Joining a group provides members the opportunity to send unlimited, free 1:1 messages to group members. Members have the flexibility to control which messages they accept or privately decline.
- Students and alumnae/i can ask questions, start discussions, or use the job tab to post opportunities, creating an online learning community.
Goals and Expectations for Students and Alumnae/i:
- The Bryn Mawr College Alumnae/i & Students LinkedIn Group is a learning community where students can start to practice their networking skills.
- The Career & Civic Engagement Center provides guidelines to and teaches students the fundamentals of networking. Expectations are that members of the group will have professional interactions that are held to high ethical standards, including, but not limited to honesty and integrity, communicating and presenting oneself in a professional manner, and abiding by this statement: “I will stay informed about professional networking by reading and following Career & Civic Engagement’s networking guidelines and/or scheduling an appointment with a Career & Civic Engagement staff member through Handshake.”
- The Career & Civic Engagement Center wants to reward those who present themselves well, but hopes to take advantage of teachable moments, too. Please forward any feedback about positive or negative interactions to firstname.lastname@example.org; we will do our best to follow up.