HEERF III Student Report as of September 30, 2021
American Rescue Plan, 2021 (ARP) Student Portion
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
Emergency Student Financial Aid Grants
Report as of September 30, 2021
On March 11, 2021, the President of the United States signed the American Rescue Plan, Public Law 117-2 which, among other things, provided $39.6 billion in support to institutions of higher education to serve students and ensure learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds are referred to as the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III).
As recipient of HEERF III funds, the following information is provided to comply with guidance from the Department of Education.
- On April 13, 2020, Bryn Mawr College (the “College”) signed and returned to the Department of Education (“DoE”) the Certification and Agreement associated with the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, And Economic Security Act (the “CARES Act”). Bryn Mawr College received its HEERF III Grant award notification on May 18, 2021; signing an additional agreement to receive this funding allocation was not required. In keeping with the terms of acceptance of these funds, Bryn Mawr College will use no less than $1,319,093 to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants directly to students.
- Bryn Mawr College was allocated $1,319,093 under Section 2003(a)(1) of the ARP which is specifically designated to be provided directly to students.
- Through June 30, 2021, $12,225 of the Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 2003(a)(1) of the ARP was distributed to eligible students. No additional funds were distributed between June 30 and September 30, 2021.
- The estimated number of students enrolled at the institution as of September 7, 2021 eligible to receive HEERF III Emergency Financial Aid Grants was 1,794.
- Through June 30, 2021, the total number of students who received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 2003(a)(1) of the ARP is 10. No additional students received grants between June 30 and Setpember 30, 2021.
- As of September 30, 2021, $1,306,868 of the student allocation was undistributed.
- Students were made aware of HEERF funds via an e-mail sent on September 15, 2021. The on September 22, 2021, an individualized e-mail was sent to students for whom the College had information that they likely had financial need notifying them of their proposed award amount and method of payment (check or direct deposit).
Students were given the ability to decline their award or reduce the amount of their award to align it with their assessment of the financial impact of the pandemic. Adjustments to award amounts will be made accordingly. The distribution of these funds is expected to occur the week of October 18, 2021.