System Maintenance Policy
Routine system maintenance generally occurs on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 6:00 p.m. – midnight. LITS implemented this practice in June 2015 to reduce overall system downtime, to improve the security and reliability of College systems and networks, and to maintain compliance with industry and vendor support requirements and best practices.
LITS coordinates with divisions across the College to confirm our system maintenance schedule annually. In turn we ask that community members consult the schedule and plan their work accordingly.
The PeopleSoft patch testing schedule is determined by our vendor and does not follow the system maintenance schedule.
- Printing (to printers and copiers)
- BIONIC (PeopleSoft)
- Logins to College systems and lab computers
- Password changing and account provisioning
- Network Storage (H:, S: drives, etc.)
- Bryn Mawr Blogs (WordPress)
- Financial Edge
- Library resources
- Mailman (listservs)
Additional systems that may be briefly impacted:
- Office 365
- MediCAT student portal
- Software installation services
- onBase integrations