All prospective TAs will be required to attend the Pre-Employment TA Language Workshop. The workshop is always scheduled the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before classes begin (fall semester).
Please note, pre-employment training is generally not covered by the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), and thus not compensable. The trainees are not employees of the College at the time of the training and are not guaranteed a job at the completion of the training period, therefore, the trainees will not be compensated for their time during the TA Language Workshop.
To be considered for a teaching assistant position, follow these instructions:
Contact the instructor in charge of your language to let her/him know you are planning to apply.
- for French: Agnès Peysson-Zeiss; email: email@example.com
- for German: Qinna Shen; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Margaret Strair; email: email@example.com
- for Italian: Daria Bozzato; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- for Spanish: Inés Arribas; email: email@example.com or Kaylea Berard; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the online application form by May 31, 2021.
Once you receive notification (by email) that your application has been reviewed and you have been selected to participate in the workshop, complete one of the following online registration forms no later than June 15, 2021. The information on the form is needed to make the necessary arrangements with Student Services for accommodation and meals, especially for those of you who will be residing on campus.
- Registration form for French TAs
- Registration form German TAs
- Registration for Italian TAs
- Registration form for Spanish TAs
If you have any questions, please contact Agnès Peysson-Zeiss via email. We look forward to working with you in the fall.