The Jasper String Quartet
Lutist Richard Stone
Soprano Julianne Baird
The Coleman Sisters' Learning to Listen Series was established in memory of Elizabeth Coleman Mooney ’48 and in honor of Susan Norton Coleman ’45, who wanted future generations of students to derive the same great pleasure from music as they did. The Series features virtuosic musicians in a salon-like atmosphere with tasty refreshments and informative conversation.
Learning to Listen events are free and open to the public. No reservations or tickets are required. Refreshments will be served.
Thanks to all who participated in the 2016-2017 Learning to Listen series! Stay tuned for news on the 2017-2018 events.
Learning to Listen 2016-17
- The Jasper String Quartet in Shostakovich's 110th Birthday Celebration
- What Makes Music Expressive with John Andrew Bailey
- The Brass Project from The Curtis Institute of Music
Learning to Listen 2015-16
- Celebrate Erik Satie's 150th Birthday with Viktor Valkov (piano) and Luosha Fang (violin)
- A Very Open Rehearsal of Beethoven's String Quartet Op. 18 No. 6 in Bb Major with Musicians from The Curtis Institute of Music
- Exploring the Sonority of Strings with Christine Lamprea (cello) and Jordan Dodson (guitar)
Learning to Listen 2014-15
- Music of Shakespeare's Time, with Julianne Baird (soprano) and Richard Stone (lute)
- A Very Open Rehearsal of Poulenc's Trio for Oboe, Bassoon, and Piano with Michelle Cann (piano), Wade Coufal (bassoon), and Alexandra von der Embse (oboe).
- The Romantics with Andrea Lam (piano)
Learning to Listen 2013-14
- Sergei Prokofiev 60 Years Later with Christine Lamprea (cello) and Andrew Hauze (piano)
- A Very Open Rehearsal of Ernst von Dohnanyi's Sextet in C Major Op. 37 with Curtis Institute Musicians
- Vienna Dreams with Cheryl Seltzer (piano), Stephanie Griffin (viola), and Moran Katz (clarinet)