Students intending to transfer outside credits into the major and minors should abide by the following restrictions. Definition of outside is any course outside of Bryn Mawr or Haverford.
- Substitution for the eight required courses (three intro plus four core plus thesis) with outside credit is not allowed.
- We accept a maximum of two outside credit substitutes for the four remaining electives required for major. This includes JYA.
- Substitution for any of the required courses (three intro plus one-or-two core) with outside credit is not allowed.
- We accept a maximum of one outside credit substitute for the electives required for minor. This includes JYA.
To complete an outside-credit transfer:
- Meet with your major advisor to discuss course selections.
- Provide your major advisor a detailed syllabus for each course you intend to take outside of the Bi-Co and transfer into the major. These syllabi need to have enough details to show weekly topics and work load. Just a short course description does not suffice.
- Obtain written approvals from your major advisor.
- If you deviate from the approved courses in anyway, you must inform your major advisor.
- Provide transcripts to your major advisor upon completion showing courses taken and grades earned.