Student Account Refunds

When a student account has a credit balance created by an overpayment including from a disbursement of financial aid, a student is eligible for a refund.

If the credit balance is created from disbursed Federal funds such as Direct Loans, Direct PLUS Loans, Pell Grants or a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), the refund will be processed automatically. Students whose PLUS loan applications indicated the refund should be issued to the parent borrower will have their refunds issued by check and made payable to the parent borrower. Requests to retain the credit balance on the student account must be sent to Student Accounts in writing.

For credit balances created by an overpayment from non-Federal funds including an outside scholarship, private loan, or regular payment a refund must be requested using this form.

Student Accounts processes refunds once a week and the Controller's Office distributes them on Mondays, either as a paper check or direct deposit. Checks and direct deposit statements are mailed to your campus mailbox unless otherwise directed. Direct Deposit is the College's recommended method to receive refunds. Refunds follow the College's payment calendar found here:

Direct Deposit Information

Direct Deposit forms can be obtained and submitted to Accounts Payable in the Controller’s Office in the Cartref Building.


Overpayments on your student account, whether resulting from personal payments or from financial aid can be transferred to your OneCard to be used at areas designated by the OneCard Office for Bryn Mawr and Haverford College campuses.

Students with an expected credit balance from anticipated aid who need to purchase books at the start of the semester can request funds be added to their OneCard for use at the College's BookShop. To request a credit balance transfer, send an email to Student Accounts at


Contact Us

Student Accounts

Benham Gateway Building — Third Floor
101 North Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Phone: 610-526-5500