Major and Minor in Education Studies
How to Declare a Major or Minor in Education Studies
When? Spring semester of your second year.
Note: Students planning to pursue a Major or Minor in Secondary Education with Teacher Certification are encouraged to meet with the Program Advisor, Margo Schall, early – during the first semester of your second year – to develop an initial course of study.
1) Meet with your Education Minor Advisor to discuss and map your course of study (see below for Advisor information).
2) Complete the Declaration of Major/Minor form (at HC) or a Work Plan form (at BMC). Include the education courses you have already taken and those you intend to take. This form can be submitted online, and will be sent to your advisor for review and approval.
i) Bryn Mawr
Once you submit your online form to the registrar, it will automatically be sent to your advisor for review and approval.
Education Department Advisors
Prospective Certification Track Minor and Major
- Margo Schall: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective Educational Studies Minor and Major, by Last Name:
- Alison Cook-Sather: email@example.com (A-G)
- Margo Schall: firstname.lastname@example.org (H-L)
- Maurice Rippel: email@example.com (M-S)
- Kelly Gavin Zuckerman: firstname.lastname@example.org (T-Z)
For Spring 2023 declaration, students seeking to declare can make an appointment with their advisor anytime after their attendance at an info session, an advising open studio hour, or a meeting with Margo. The deadline to declare is April 15.
Note: Students are expected to bring a completed draft advising form and rationale to their advising session.
Other Education Department Resources
Frequently Requested Advising Documents
Post-Graduate Opportunities in Education
Bryn Mawr/Haverford Education Program
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-2899
370 Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, PA 19041-1392