GSAS: Registering for Penn Classes
Cross-registrations with Penn have been temporarily suspended. We will notify students when they resume.
Please see the steps outlined below for Penn registration instructions and rules.
First, you must register for the placeholder PENN B500 course in BiONiC to show your intent.
Second, submit a completed Graduate Student Quaker Consortium Registration Form after you receive approval from your advisor for the specific course you're interested in.
- View the Penn School of Arts and Sciences graduate departmental pages for course offerings.
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes in accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should have a back up Bryn Mawr course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- View Penn's Academic calendar for semester start/end dates.
Third, obtain permission from the Penn instructor to take the class. Your course request data cannot be processed unless the we have a copy of this email.Forward the email to:
- Megan Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org in the Registrar's Office.
- Abby Traucht at email@example.com in the GSAS Dean's Office.
Fourth, at the start of the term, set-up your information in the Penn system.
- Obtain an ID card at the PennCard Center.
- Obtain a PennKey to access digital resources.
- Verify your registration and view classroom location by logging on to Penn InTouch.
- Add your BMC email address to the Penn directory.
Fifth, go to class!