Undergraduate Penn Courses
Undergraduates: Registering for Spring 2023 Penn Classes
Note: As a Bryn Mawr student, you must follow Bryn Mawr academic policies, and while enrolled in Penn courses, follow all the procedures defined in the University of Pennsylvania's Quaker Consortium Student Guide. Please read this page carefully.
First, submit a completed Quaker Consortium Registration Form for approval (form open on November 14, and will close on January 3, 2023). [No paper forms accepted – students may only submit the online form]. Please check for restrictions and special approval requirements in advance and confirm seat availability at https://courses.upenn.edu before submitting requests. Forms submitted by November 29, 2022 will be submitted to Penn by December 1st. Please note that both Bryn Mawr College and the University of Pennsylvania will be closed for the Winter Break from December 23, 2022 - January 2, 2023, and students should not expect a response during that period.
- View the LPS Course Guide here or view the Language Center offerings or search Penn's website by the department you are interested in and find courses on each department's website. Use that undergraduate course information to complete the course request form. Per Penn's policy, Quaker Consortium students may only take courses not offered at their home institution.
- View the Penn LPS Academic Calendar here.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- In accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement, Bryn Mawr students are allowed to enroll in undergraduate courses offered by the College of Liberal and Professional Studies, the Language Center, or the College of Arts and Sciences (courses numbered 0001-4999).
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should always have a back up Tri-Co course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Penn will begin processing registration requests starting December 1st. Students will start to receive emails about your course request status up through the start of the Spring semester.
- If you are a Bryn Mawr student who has accommodations and you want to receive accommodations at Penn, and you are enrolled in a Penn course, you will be able to access Penn's Disability Services. You will receive instructions from both Bryn Mawr and Penn about this process once enrolled.
- Classes at Penn begin on Wednesday, January 11 (Monday class schedule on a Wednesday).
- The last day to add or drop a Penn course is Tuesday, January 24, 2023.
- (For language courses, last day to add or drop is Friday, January 20, 2023.)
- Seniors must get written confirmation in advance of course enrollment from the Penn course instructor that their final course grade will be available by the senior grade deadline of Monday, May 8, 2023, at noon. Late grades for seniors may impact the student's graduation.
- Penn Travel Reimbursement Information
Second, When you hear back from Penn about your requested course(s), you will get instructions regarding your PennKey and other next steps.
Registration questions? Contact Sara Forrest (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Registrar's Office!
Penn students interested in taking a course(s) at Bryn Mawr should contact Sara Forrest (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office!