Undergraduate Penn Courses
Undergraduates: Registering for Fall 2023 Penn Classes, updated 3/20/2023
Bryn Mawr students taking a course(s) at Penn
Spring 2023 Reminder:
Seniors must get written confirmation in advance of course enrollment from the Penn course instructor that their final course grade will be available by the senior grade deadline of Monday, May 8, 2023, at noon. Late grades for seniors may impact the student's graduation.
Penn students taking a course(s) at Bryn Mawr
Fall 2023 Registration Process:
Note: As a Bryn Mawr student, you must follow Bryn Mawr academic policies, and while enrolled in Penn courses, follow all the procedures defined in the University of Pennsylvania's Quaker Consortium Student Guide. Please read this page carefully.
First, submit a completed Quaker Consortium Registration Form for approval (form open on TBD, and will close on August 28, 2023). [No paper forms accepted – students may only submit the online form]. Please check for restrictions and special approval requirements in advance and confirm seat availability at https://courses.upenn.edu before submitting requests. Forms submitted by TBD will be submitted to Penn by August 1st.
- View the LPS Course Guide here or view the Language Center offerings or search Penn's website by the department you are interested in and find courses on each department's website. Use that undergraduate course information to complete the course request form. Per Penn's policy, Quaker Consortium students may only take courses not offered at their home institution.
- View the Penn LPS Academic Calendar here.
- Students cannot audit courses.
- In accordance with the Quaker Consortium Agreement, Bryn Mawr students are allowed to enroll in undergraduate courses offered by the College of Liberal and Professional Studies, the Language Center, or the College of Arts and Sciences (courses numbered 0001-4999).
- Bryn Mawr students do not have priority in Penn classes. A seat in a Penn class is never guaranteed and students should always have a back up Tri-Co course in mind when planning their schedules.
- Penn will begin processing registration requests starting August 1st. Students will start to receive emails about your course request status up through the start of the Fall semester.
- If you are a Bryn Mawr student who has accommodations and you want to receive accommodations at Penn, and you are enrolled in a Penn course, you will be able to access Penn's Disability Services. You will receive instructions from both Bryn Mawr and Penn about this process once enrolled.
- Classes at Penn begin on August 29, 2023.
- The last day to add or drop a Penn course is TBD, 2023.
- (For language courses, last day to TBD, 2023.)
- Penn Travel Reimbursement Information
- As always, the Bryn Mawr Honor Code is in effect.
Second, You will receive and email with instructions regarding your Path@Penn, PennKey, and other next steps. If you receive login credentials, the student is responsible for checking to see if they are registered for the course they requested at Penn. For any changes, adds/drops/withdrawals, Bryn Mawr students must contact the Bryn Mawr Registrar's office.
Registration questions? Contact Sara Forrest (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Registrar's Office!
Penn students interested in taking a course(s) at Bryn Mawr should contact Sara Forrest (email@example.com) in the Registrar's Office!
Students interested in a "4+1" or other Submatriculation program at Penn, please read this page carefully for instructions.
Office of the Registrar
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010