Academic Requirements Report
The Academic Requirements Report provides students with a tool to evaluate where they are in fulfilling their College requirements.
What are the graduation requirements?
The graduate requirements are listed in each course catalog that is published. The requirements can be found in the Academic Program section of the Bryn Mawr Catalog or in the Academics section.
Where do I see my Academic Requirements Report?
You can access the Academic Requirements Report from your "Academic Progress" tile. Once there, click on the left side navigation tab for "Academic Progress." Your Academic Requirements report is displayed.
Tips when using the Academic Requirements Report?
- Courses you have completed with a 2.0 or better and courses are you currently registered for will complete a requirement in the report. Completed requirements are marked "Satisfied." If you do not complete in progress courses with a 2.0 or better, they will not fulfill the requirement.
- If a requirement is "satisfied," the requirement area will collapse and the requirement will display "satisfied." To view the courses used to complete the requirement click the ">" symbol (right-pointing arrow).
- Requirements marked "Not Satisfied" have not been satisfied by the courses you have taken or are currently registered for. Courses taken CR/NC must have a grade of 2.0 or greater to satisfy the requirement.
- Sometimes you have taken more than one course that fulfills an approach, the first course you took will appear.
If you have questions or discrepancies?
If you have questions about your Academic Requirements Report, please visit the Registrar's Office in the Lower Level of Guild Hall, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Academic Requirements Report look like?
The report is broken down into three main areas:
1) College Academic Units completed will show when you click on the ">" (right-pointing arrow) under "Academic units." Then your units will display, e.g.: " Units: 32.00 required, 12.00 taken, 20.00 needed:. The Residency Unit Requirement: total units towards graduation and while in residence at Bryn Mawr, is visible under the Residency Units heading. Again, click on the ">" (right-pointing arrow) under Residency Units and you will see what you have completed, e.g.: "Units: 24.00 required, 12.00 taken, 12.00 needed."
2) College Requirements
- Emily Balch Seminar
- Quantitative Readiness
- Foreign Language
- Approaches to Inquiry: Critical Interpretation, Cross-Cultural Analysis, Inquiry into the Past, Scientific Investigation
- Quantitative and Mathmematical Reasoning
- PE Requirement (Wellness, Swim Test, Physical Education electives)
3) Additional Courses: courses that count towards the total units and residency requirement, but do not fulfill college requirements (including transcript and test credits)
Green Circle with a Checkmark: means you have taken the course. A grade will be visible in the grade column. Only courses with a grade of 2.0 of higher will satisfy a college requirement.
Yellow Diamond: this is a course you have preregistered for or are in the process of taking. Once this course is graded and if you receive a 2.0 or higher, the icon will become the "taken" icon. If you do not pass the course with a 2.0 or higher, you will see the course listed in the Additional Courses area of the Academic Requirements Report.
Planned: If you have add the course to your academic planner, they will appear as completing a requirement and be given the "planned" icon.
A "satisfied" requirement will have a green check mark, click on the check mark to see what course satisfied the requirement.
If a requirement is "not satisfied," the requirement will be open. Search the catalog to find a course that fulfills the approach.
Office of the Registrar
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010