Campus and External Uses
Marjorie Goodhart Hall, built in 1928, is an important campus resource. The College uses Goodhart for ceremonial events, official academic-year events, and admissions-related and alumnae-sponsored activities. Goodhart is also available for curricular and co-curricular programs, such as the Performing Arts Series, as well as extracurricular events sponsored by College departments and student groups.
The College priorities for using Goodhart spaces are:
- Academic/curricular programs (e.g., fall/spring theater production and dance concerts)
- Co-curricular programs (e.g., the Performing Arts Series)
- College-sponsored activities (e.g., Plenary, Convocation, Family Weekend, Reunion, and other events sponsored by the President’s Office)
- Student productions
- External users
Goodhart’s performance areas are equipped with state-of-the-art technical equipment. The combination of beauty and historical significance, and the new equipment, make using Goodhart a one-of-a-kind opportunity for Bryn Mawr and Bi-Co students groups seeking to use its spaces and resources.
Students use the performance, gathering, and teaching spaces for:
- the presentation of student artistic and/or cultural events and performances
- sponsored events with outside artists booked by Bryn Mawr and Bi-Co student groups
There are several types of performance spaces in Goodhart available to student groups.
- McPherson Auditorium: 61'10" x 32'6" stage with state-of-the art lighting and sound capabilities. Auditorium-style seating with 512 capacity plus 10 optional accessible seats.
- Hepburn Teaching Theater: 47' x 53' flexible space with stage lighting and sound capabilities. Seating capacity of up to 200.
- Music Room: 24' x 53' room with a small stage at one end and two pianos. Seating capacity of up to 120.
- Common Room: Multipurpose room. Seating capacity of up to 100.
- Benham Lobby
- Main Auditorium
- Glass Lobby
Note: All formal spaces as well as the Main Lobby and Glass Lobby are wheelchair accessible.
Technical Director, Goodhart Theater
firstname.lastname@example.org | 610-526-7566
Lisa L. Zernicke
Director of Conferences and Events
email@example.com | 610-526-5058
Mary Beth Horvath
Associate Dean of the Undergraduate College
firstname.lastname@example.org | 610-526-7332