Students may register for classes two times each semester: preregistration (prior to the start of the semester) and during registration period (the first week and a half of classes). Changes requested after the end of add/drop must be completed using the late add/drop form and approved by the student's Dean.
Enrolling in a Bryn Mawr or Haverford Course
- Logging In & the Student Center
- Enrolling in Classes
- Searching for a Class
- Changing Classes
- Changing Lab Sections
- Viewing your Schedule
Go to BIONIC login page, type in your user ID and your College password. Navigate to: Self-Service > Student Center
From the Student Center under Academics click on Enroll to register for classes.
- Select the term that you are registering for from the list and click the Continue button.
- If you know the Class Nbr (4 digit code) enter it, otherwise choose the search option (see below). Information about the course will display
- Review the course data include notes about extra meetings, enrollment limits or topic descriptions. If it is the course you want, click NEXT. Continue to add courses until you are done. This page also contains permission number input location.
- Select the checkbox for the class(es) you wish to enroll in. Click enroll. On the next page, review your registration and click finish enrolling.
- The courses with a green check have been added to your schedule. A red X means an error has occurred, the error will be described in the Message box.
When you do not know the 4-digit Class Number, use the Search for Classes option. Clicking the Search button will take you to a search screen.
- Type the first letter of the department in the Course subject box, or use the scroll bar to move through the list.
- For the Course Number select the "Contains" option from the drop down menu.
- In the small box to the right enter any or all of the catalog number (ie. B101 or H235A).
- Leave the course career as undergraduate for both Bryn Mawr and Haverford courses, unless you have permission to enroll in a graduate course.
- Choose Additional Search Criteria to narrow your search in other ways. [See Searching for Classes]
- Use the green Search button to bring back your results. The course titles and catalog numbers are listed in the blue-grey bar above the course detail.
- Use the Select Class button to select the course and section you want. Continue from step 3 above.
Once you have added your initial courses your schedule will display in "My Class Schedule". At the top of the page there are links to Add, Drop, and Swap Classes. You will not be allow to drop below full time status (3 units). If you are dropping one course and adding another in its place, use the Swap option.
Adding a class: Click on the Add link, you can either enter the "Class Number" or "Search for Classes" as above. (You may enroll in up to 4.5 units during pre-registration and 5.5 units during add/drop at the start of the semester)
Swapping a class: If you want to both drop a class and add a class, you can use Swap Class.
- Click on the Swap link. Choose the course you want to drop from the dropped down list in the "Swap This Class" section.
- In the "With this Class" section you may Search for Class, Select from Wish List, or Enter Class Number of the course you want to add.
- Click on Search, Select or Enter, as appropriate.
- Verify your choices and click the Finish Swapping.
Dropping a Class: Click on the Drop link. All of the courses you are registered for will display in a grid.
- Click the check box next to the course you want to drop.
- When you are finished, click the Drop Selected Classes button, review your selection on the next page.
- Click the Finish Dropping button.
After each action it is a good idea to click on the View My Schedule link and review the changes you have made.
- Click on the "Change Details" link in the menu bar under Enroll.
- Select the new lab/discussion/4th hour section that you wish to enroll in and click next.
- Complete the Registration process like normal. Review the course information, click next. Then, click "finish editing"
Using View My Class Schedule
Click on View My Class Schedule to see the courses you are registered for, along with additional course information.
Click on View My Weekly Schedule to see your courses displayed in a weekly grid. Enter a date during the semester and click GO to generate the schedule. You can customize the display by changing the start and end times, and by turning on or off the check boxes at the bottom of the page.
To register for a Swarthmore College or University of Pennsylvania, review the information below: